If you plan on going on vacation anywhere in the world, you should take the season into consideration. Certain places are more enjoyable during specific times of the year, but in some places, you can visit all year round. In Arizona, there is something special about every season, making it a popular destination for travelers no matter what the time of year is. Whether you’re looking to escape the winter cold up north or soak up the sun in summer, Arizona has something for everyone. And what better way to experience all this beautiful state has to offer than by staying in a seasonal rental?
Exploring Trends In Arizona Seasonal Rentals
Sunny skies, beautiful landscapes, and a diverse range of activities make Arizona a top destination for travelers throughout the year. The demand for seasonal rentals in Arizona has increased as more and more people are opting for vacation homes instead of traditional hotels.
A seasonal rental is a property that travelers can rent for a specific period, often during popular vacation seasons. There are many benefits to choosing a seasonal rental for your stay in Arizona. These benefits include:
- You can choose the dates that work best for you, without being confined to hotel availability. This is particularly important during peak travel seasons when hotels tend to be fully booked.
- Seasonal rentals often offer more space and privacy than hotels, making them perfect for families or larger groups. Plus, you have access to amenities such as a fully equipped kitchen, on-site laundry facilities, and private outdoor spaces. This allows you to save money on dining out and truly relax in your own space.
- Staying in a seasonal rental allows you to live like a local and experience the culture of Arizona. You can choose a rental in a specific neighborhood or town, giving you a more authentic vacation experience.
At REBL Rentals, we understand the importance of finding the perfect home for your stay in Arizona. That’s why we pride ourselves on being a trusted source for seasonal rentals in this beautiful state. With our wide range of listings and personalized service, we make it easy for you to discover the perfect vacation rental that fits your needs and budget.
Spring Season Rentals
Arizona is a magical time in the spring. The weather’s perfect, there are plenty of outdoor activities and it’s when the desert comes to life with vibrant wildflowers. This time of the year is characterized by mild temperatures and mostly sunny days. Temperatures range from cooler near the mountains to warmer near the desert, but you’ll never experience extreme heat during this season. This makes spring the perfect time to visit popular destinations like Phoenix, Tucson, and Sedona.
Spring is perfect for exploring the outdoors, whether hiking through the desert trails or golfing on one of the many world-renowned courses. Plus, with spring being a shoulder season, you can often find great deals on seasonal rentals.
Some of the popular activities you can enjoy during the spring season in Arizona include:
- Visiting the Grand Canyon: The spring weather is perfect for exploring one of the world’s most famous natural wonders. From hiking and camping to scenic drives, there are endless ways to experience the beauty of the Grand Canyon.
- Attending Spring Training: Baseball fans flock to Arizona in March for Spring Training, where they can catch games and see their favorite teams in action.
- Exploring National Parks: With over 20 national parks and monuments, Arizona is a nature lover’s paradise. Spring is the ideal time to visit for many people because temperatures are more comfortable for outdoor activities.
- Enjoying Festivals and Events: From music festivals to food fairs, plenty of events are happening throughout the state during the spring.
No matter where you stay in Arizona during the spring season, you’ll be surrounded by natural beauty and endless opportunities for adventure. The following are some of the cities worth visiting throughout Arizona during the spring season and a few of our favorite listings in those areas:
Spring Vacation In Scottsdale
With its gorgeous desert landscapes and vibrant cultural scene, Scottsdale is a popular destination for travelers during spring. Visitors can enjoy outdoor activities like hiking and golfing, in addition to cultural events and festivals such as the Desert Botanical Garden’s spring concert series. Additionally, baseball fans won’t want to miss out on Spring Training at the Scottsdale Stadium.
Some of our recommended listings for seasonal rentals in Scottsdale include:
- The Desert Estate: This luxurious 6-bedroom, 4-bath home has stunning views of the surrounding desert. It’s also within a short drive of the Kierland Commons and Scottsdale Quarter. The property is equipped with a heated pool, a spa, a fire pit area, an outdoor shower, and a basketball, pickleball, and volleyball court.
- Sweet Escape Scottsdale: This massive 7-bedroom, 4.5-bath home is perfect for large family vacations, bachelor/bachelorette parties, or corporate retreats. The beautifully landscaped resort-style backyard boasts a heated pool, a 5-hole putting green, a multi-use court, a hot tub, a BBQ grill, and an outdoor dining area.
- The Scottsdale Blue: This modern 7-bedroom, 3.5-bath property is within a short drive of Kierland Commons and offers plenty of space for large groups. The house features many amenities, including a pool table, ping pong, shuffleboard, and a poker table. The backyard features a heated pool, a spa, and an outdoor lounge area.
Spring Vacation In Phoenix
As the capital of Arizona, Phoenix offers something for everyone during the spring season. The weather remains mild throughout spring in Phoenix, with average temperatures staying below 80 degrees. From outdoor adventures to cultural attractions, this vibrant city has it all. The city is surrounded by desert landscapes and mountain ranges, which makes it a perfect destination for nature lovers. But even if you’re not an outdoor enthusiast, you can still enjoy the city’s bustling downtown area with its museums, restaurants, sporting events, and nightlife.
Phoenix also hosts countless festivals and events during the spring, including the Phoenix Film Festival and the Arizona Renaissance Festival.
- Exquisite Enchantment: This luxurious 7-bedroom, 4-bath home features a private pool, hot tub, and a backyard packed with amenities that include a putting green, yard pong, cornhole, spike ball, a pool basketball hoop, outdoor fire pits, and a gazebo bar and grill area. Inside, you’ll find a pool table, shuffleboard, pop-a-shot, three arcade games, darts, and board games.
- Live Blissfully: This stylish 4-bedroom, 3-bath property is located within 20 minutes of the Biltmore Fashion Park shopping and restaurant area. The private getaway boasts an enormous backyard area with a heated pool, spa, putting green, swing set, fire pit, bocce ball, and more.
Spring Vacation In Sedona
Sedona is a city known for its breathtaking red rock formations and spiritual energy, making it a popular destination for people who love nature or who are simply seeking relaxation. In the spring season, visitors can take advantage of the mild weather to explore the hiking trails, visit art galleries and spas, or simply soak in the stunning views.
Some of our recommended listings for seasonal rentals in Sedona include:
- Mammoth Rock Lodge: This 4-bedroom, 3-bath duplex sits in the middle of a spectacular red rock landscape. Recently remodeled, the property boasts large windows, which let in lots of natural light and boast impressive views. Guests can also enjoy the private backyard with a fire pit, BBQ grill, and outdoor dining area. There’s even an in-door game room with a poker table and pool table.
- Red Rock Panoramic Paradise: This 5-bedroom, 3-bath property offers breathtaking views of Sedona’s red rock formations from almost every room. The backyard features a fire pit and BBQ grill.
- Magnificent Red Rock View: This cozy 4-bedroom, 3-bath home is located in uptown Sedona and offers stunning views of the red rocks. Guests can enjoy the views while relaxing on the large balcony overlooking the yard.
Spring Vacation In Mesa
Located in the east valley of Phoenix, Mesa provides a mix of urban and outdoor experiences. Visitors can enjoy shopping, dining, and cultural attractions in the city’s downtown area or explore the surrounding desert landscapes through hiking, biking, or horseback riding. The spring season is also when Mesa hosts its annual festivals, such as the Country Thunder Music Festival.
Some of our recommended listings for seasonal rentals in Mesa include:
- Backyard Dream: This spacious 4-bedroom, 2-bath home was recently updated and boasts a 3-part mini putt-putt course, a fire pit table, a BBQ grill, and a cornhole. The property is also conveniently located within 22 minutes of Old Town Scottsdale and Sky Harbor Airport.
- Desert Sunset: This modern 3-bedroom, 2-bath home offers stunning views of the desert. What makes it particularly special is its location – it’s near the Hawes Trail System for hiking and biking, as well as the Granite Reef for swimming, boating, and fishing. This makes the property ideal for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Desert Sports Retreat: This 8-bedroom, 4-bath vacation home is perfect for large groups and offers easy access to Arizona’s top golf courses, hiking trails, lakes, and shopping. The backyard oasis features a heated pool and spa, a giant game of Twister and checkers, a basketball hoop, a putting green, cornhole, and a fire pit.
Spring Vacation In Chandler
Located southeast of Phoenix, Chandler is a charming city known for its historic downtown area and outdoor activities. In the spring season, visitors can explore the city’s many parks and trails or attend events like the Ostrich Festival and Spring Art Walk. Chandler is also home to numerous golf courses, making it a popular destination for golfers.
Some of our recommended listings for seasonal rentals in Chandler include:
- The Seaside Bohemian: This 6-bedroom, 2.5-bath vacation property is located within 8 minutes of downtown and features a pool, ping pong table, a pool table, a fire pit, a grill, a hanging egg chair, a casita, and more.
- The Chandler Digs: This modern 5-bedroom, 3-bath getaway is only 5 minutes away from downtown Chandler. The relaxing and luxurious backyard space features a pool, ping pong table, fire pit, putting green, grill, hanging swing chair, and more.
Summer Season Rentals
As temperatures rise during the summer season, many travelers head to Arizona for a warm and sunny getaway. While the heat may be too much for some, others are drawn to the state’s unique landscape and outdoor activities that are best enjoyed in the summertime. Additionally, because most people visit Arizona during the cooler months, summer is considered the off-season, making it a great time to find deals on seasonal rentals.
But it’s important to note that Arizona summers can be very hot. Temperatures are known to reach over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s essential to take proper precautions and stay hydrated when spending time outdoors during this season. However, the dry heat also means that the evenings are cooler, making it a perfect time to enjoy outdoor gatherings and events. Many properties offer amenities such as private pools and air conditioning to keep guests cool and comfortable.
Finally, there are plenty of activities to enjoy in Arizona during the summer season, including:
- Water sports: With its many lakes and rivers, Arizona offers opportunities for boating, jet skiing, and other water activities. Some popular destinations include Lake Powell, Lake Havasu, and the Salt River.
- Hiking: While it may be too hot to hike during the day, many trails are open for evening or early morning hikes when temperatures are cooler. Some notable hiking spots in Arizona include Camelback Mountain, Sedona’s red rock trails, and the Grand Canyon.
- Indoor attractions: For a break from the heat, visitors can explore indoor attractions like museums, art galleries, and aquariums. Some must-see spots include the Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix and the Biosphere 2 in Tucson.
- Cultural events: The summer season also brings a variety of cultural events to Arizona, such as the Southwest Shakespeare Festival and the Navajo Nation Fair. These events showcase the state’s rich history and diverse cultures.
- Relaxation: With its desert landscape and stunning views, Arizona is a great place to unwind and relax during the summer. Visitors can book a stay at one of our recommended seasonal rentals with amenities like hot tubs or patios for stargazing.
The following are some of our top recommendations for summer season rentals in Arizona:
Summer Vacation In Scottsdale
While the heat during summers in Scottsdale may be too much to handle during the day, guests can enjoy rooftop bars and swimming pools in the evening when temperatures drop. You can also go tubing on the Lower Salt River in the Tonto National Forest or rent a hot air balloon ride to watch the sunset in the evening. Plus, there are lots of indoor activities to enjoy, including shopping at high-end boutiques or visiting art galleries and museums, such as the Heard Museum.
- Caesar’s Bliss: This stunning 7-bedroom, 5-bath luxury estate has everything you need to enjoy a summer afternoon in Scottsdale, including a swimming pool, a custom in-ground spa, a 6-hole putt-putt course, a rooftop deck, a bocce court, and even backyard bowling. It’s also within a 17-minute drive of Old Town Scottsdale, making it easy to explore the city’s vibrant nightlife.
- Sunkissed In Scottsdale: This modern 4-bedroom, 2-bedroom home features a private pool and patio with a fire pit, perfect for enjoying the cool desert nights. It’s located within five minutes of Old Town Scottsdale, known for its lively entertainment and dining options.
- The Twilight Tropic: This luxurious 4-bedroom, 3-bath vacation home offers a large private pool, in-ground spa, putting room, and game room, making it an ideal choice for group vacations. It’s also within 6 minutes from Kierland Commons Mall and Scottsdale Quarter, where you’ll find plenty of shopping and dining options.
Summer Vacation Sedona
While Sedona may be known for its spring season, the summertime offers a unique experience for travelers. The city’s red rock formations and surrounding landscapes are best enjoyed early in the morning or late in the evening when temperatures are cooler. Additionally, visitors can take advantage of lower rental rates and fewer crowds during this time.
As for things to do, Uptown Sedona is filled with New Age shops, restaurants, spas, and art galleries, while the outskirts offer hiking trails and scenic drives. Be sure to go swimming at Grasshopper Point or Cathedral Rock to cool off and enjoy the breathtaking views.
Some of our recommended listings for summer season rentals in Sedona include:
- Mammoth Rock Splendor: This 3-bedroom, 2-bath home is located right near uptown for easy access to all the city has to offer. It also features a hot tub, perfect for enjoying the cooler nights, and a grill for outdoor dining. Additionally, there’s a game room that boasts both a pool table and a poker table.
- Borden House: This charming 4-bedroom, 3-bath home is located in the heart of West Sedona and boasts beautiful views of Thunder Mountain’s red rocks. The vacation home is perfect for families, especially due to its kids’ room, which comes with a classic arcade machine with 8,000 pre-loaded games. There are also many great hiking and biking trails within walking distance.
- Creekside Cottage: For a unique experience, guests can stay at this cozy 2-bedroom, 2-bath cottage located by Oak Creek. The charming, rustic cottage is perfect for a romantic getaway and is close to several of the area’s best hiking trails.
Summer Vacation In Mesa
Mesa can get quite hot during the summers; however, there are plenty of outdoor activities that make the heat worth it. The city is known for its golf courses, parks, and hiking trails. This makes Mesa a great destination for those looking to stay active during their vacation.
Mesa offers a diverse range of summer activities for visitors, from exploring the Tonto National Forest to attending outdoor concerts and festivals. The city also has several water parks and splash pads to help guests beat the heat. Plus, with lower rental rates during this time, it’s an excellent opportunity to experience all that Mesa has to offer without breaking the bank.
Some of our recommended listings for summer season rentals in Mesa include:
- Welcome to the Jungle: This 6-bedroom, 3-bath home is only 14 minutes away from downtown Mesa, near golf courses and attractions like the Mesa Arts Center. The vacation property also boasts a variety of amenities, including a pool, spa, fire pit, ping pong table, putting green, canopy daybed, and more.
- Beach Vibes In Mesa: This beach-house-themed 5-bedroom, 2-bath vacation home is within 15 minutes of the Downtown Gilbert shopping and restaurant corridor. It features a pool, a putting green, a fire pit area, a lounge area, and more.
- Sweet Escape Mesa: This modern 7-bedroom, 4-bath home sits in the middle of North Mesa, between the family-friendly Gilbert and the shopping and dining of Scottsdale. The property boasts a resort-style backyard with a heated pool, in-ground spa, multi-use sports court, 6-hole mini putt-putt course, ping pong table, patio fireplace, and more.
Summer Vacation In Flagstaff
With its cooler temperatures and lush forests, Flagstaff is a popular summer destination for anyone looking to escape the desert heat. Visitors can enjoy many outdoor activities throughout Flagstaff and the surrounding areas, including hiking, mountain biking, and camping in the Coconino National Forest. The city also has a vibrant downtown area with restaurants, breweries, and art galleries to explore.
Here are some of our recommended listings for summer season rentals in Flagstaff:
- Into the Woods: This is the 5-bedroom, 3-bath lower level of a massive duplex-style house in the heart of downtown Flagstaff, close to shops, restaurants, and outdoor activities. It’s also within an hour and a half of the Grand Canyon. The house features a spa, fire pit, and BBQ grilling area.
- Flora and Fauna Complex: This is the entirety of the enormous duplex-style property (including the lower level mentioned above) and has a total of 10 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms, making it ideal for large groups or family reunions.
Summer Vacation In Paradise Valley
Home to some of the most luxurious properties in Arizona, Paradise Valley is a top choice for summer travelers looking for a high-end vacation experience. The affluent town offers stunning views of Camelback Mountain and access to numerous hiking trails, shopping options, luxury golf courses, and a restaurant scene.
Check out our recommended listings for summer season rentals in Paradise Valley:
- Modern Paradise: This sleek and modern 6-bedroom, 4-bath home offers a private pool, putting green, and hot tub, as well as panoramic views of Camelback Mountain, which is only 5 minutes away. It’s also located near high-end shopping centers and restaurants.
- Ivory Sleek Paradise Retreat: This luxurious 4-bedroom, 3-bath home boasts a private pool, hot tub, and a 3-hole putting green course, making it an ideal choice for group vacations. It’s also located near popular attractions like the Phoenix Zoo and OdySea Aquarium and is within 20 minutes of Kierland Commons and Old Town Scottsdale.
Autumn Season Rentals
The autumn season in Arizona brings cooler temperatures, making it an ideal time for outdoor activities and exploring the state’s beautiful landscapes. The changing colors of foliage also add a unique appeal to the experience. Many travelers choose this time of year for their vacation, as they can avoid summer heat while still enjoying warm days and cool evenings.
The weather during the fall season in Arizona is generally mild and pleasant. It’s also a drier time of year than summer, making it perfect for outdoor adventures. However, it’s important to note that weather conditions can vary depending on location, so it’s always best to check the forecast before planning any activities.
Some popular activities and events during the fall season in Arizona include:
- Hiking and camping: With cooler temperatures, fall is a perfect time for outdoor adventures in Arizona’s national parks and forests. Popular destinations include Grand Canyon National Park, Petrified Forest National Park, and Tonto National Forest.
- Fall festivals and events: Arizona has various fall festivals, celebrating everything from food to art and culture. Some popular ones include the Scottsdale Fall Festival, Tucson Meet Yourself, and Sedona Arts Festival.
- Visiting local farms and orchards: Fall is harvest season in Arizona, and many farms and orchards offer the chance to pick fresh produce or participate in fall-themed activities like pumpkin patches and hayrides.
- Sports events: Football season is in full swing during the fall, making it a popular time for sports enthusiasts to visit Arizona. The state has professional football, baseball, and basketball teams, as well as collegiate sports events.
- Enjoying outdoor concerts and festivals: Many cities and towns in Arizona host outdoor concerts and festivals during the fall, featuring various music genres, food, and local vendors. Some popular events include the McDowell Mountain Music Festival in Phoenix and Oktoberfest in Flagstaff.
Here are some of the top cities, towns, and neighborhoods in Arizona that are popular for fall rentals:
Autumn Vacation In Scottsdale
In the fall, visitors take advantage of the pleasant weather by spending time outdoors, whether it’s visiting the Old Town Farmers Market, going hiking at Scottsdale’s McDowell Sonoran Preserve, going to a pumpkin patch, or simply dining outside at one of the many patio restaurants in the area. The city also hosts several events and festivals during this time, including the Scottsdale Fall Festival.
Check out our recommended listings for autumn rentals in Scottsdale:
- Scottsdale Dream House: This luxurious 5-bedroom, 3-bath home sits in the middle of Old Town Scottsdale, which means it’s within walking distance of numerous restaurants and shopping options. You can also make dinner yourself in the recently remodeled open-concept kitchen. If you want to enjoy the evening weather from the comfort of your vacation rental, the backyard features a private pool, spa, outdoor bar, corn hole, bocce court, putting green, and fire pit.
- The Rad Pad: This modern 6-bedroom, 4-bath townhouse is only 6 minutes from Kierland Commons Mall and Scottsdale Quarter, which means you’ll be near plenty of shopping, dining, and entertainment options. Outdoor amenities include a heated pool, a multi-use court, a putting green, a gas fire pit, a BBQ grill, and two sets of cornhole.
- Old Town Elegance: This stylish 3-bedroom, 2-bath home features a beautiful community pool and BBQ grill. It’s also located within walking distance of Old Town Scottsdale. It’s also pet-friendly, which means your furry friends can join in on the fun during your autumn vacation.
Autumn Vacation In Phoenix
Phoenix offers a diverse array of activities and experiences for visitors in the fall. Travelers can enjoy pleasant temperatures while exploring the city’s many cultural attractions, such as museums, art galleries, and botanical gardens. Additionally, Phoenix is known for its vibrant food scene, with various restaurants offering seasonal menus featuring locally sourced ingredients. There are also many events and festivals to check out, including the Rockin’ Taco Street Fest, the Arizona State Fair, and the Arizona Jazz Festival.
Check out our recommended listings for autumn rentals in Phoenix:
- The Cosmopolitan Cottage: Located in the heart of Phoenix, this cozy, stylish 2-bedroom, 2-bath cottage is perfect for romantic getaways. The location offers easy access to top restaurants, shopping, and attractions. In fact, it’s within walking distance of Chase Field and The Footprint Center. Outside, you’ll be able to enjoy a backyard oasis complete with a spa, fire pit, and cornhole.
- Spacious Southwest Oasis: This spacious 9-bedroom, 3.5-bath home is perfect for large families or groups, with its open-concept living areas and a large outdoor space packed with amenities that include a heated pool, a custom bar, a bocce court, a putting green, outdoor bowling, a fire pit, cornhole, and lots of seating. It’s also only 20 minutes from downtown Phoenix.
- Retro Gram Hollywood: This 5-bedroom, 3-bath home is a unique and stylish option for fall rentals in Phoenix. It also features a private pool, hot tub, and outdoor bar and grill for guests to enjoy. The house is located just 7 minutes from Kierland Commons Mall as well, so you’ll have plenty of shopping and dining options nearby.
Autumn Vacation In Sedona
Visitors can enjoy Sedona’s milder temperatures in the fall by participating in countless outdoor activities. You could visit the 43-acre historic apple farm at The Pendley Homestead, hike the red rocks, go taste wine at the nearby Verde Valley Wine Region, or simply walk around the Tlaquepaque Arts and Craft Village. The town also hosts several events during this season, including the Sedona Arts Festival and the Red Rocks Oktoberfest.
Check out our recommended listings for autumn rentals in Sedona:
- Oak Ridge At Palisades: This cozy and rustic 3-bedroom, 2.5-bath home is perfect for both romantic getaways and family vacations. Located within the oaks and high desert evergreen landscape, this vacation rental offers plenty of privacy and incredible views of the surrounding red rocks. It’s still within a short drive of the Tlaquepaque arts and crafts village for shopping, restaurants, and galleries. Guests can also enjoy a spa and fire pit outside to wind down their evenings.
- Dance With Me: This charming and cozy 3-bedroom, 2-bath cabin is located in a peaceful neighborhood surrounded by nature. It’s the perfect retreat for those looking to disconnect and enjoy the beauty of Sedona. Recently remodeled, you’ll find all the comforts of home – plus an outdoor hot tub and grill to take advantage of.
- Tranquil Trails: This spacious and modern townhome is located right by Bell Rock, Chapel of the Holy Cross, and Red Rock State Park, making it the perfect spot for outdoor enthusiasts visiting Sedona for its stunning fall foliage. This 3-bedroom, 2-bath home also features a fire pit, BBQ grill, and plenty of outdoor seating.
Autumn Vacation In Flagstaff
Nestled in the mountains at an elevation of almost 7,000 feet, it’s no surprise that Flagstaff is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts in the fall. The town offers lots of outdoor activities, such as hiking, mountain biking, and rock climbing. Visitors can also enjoy scenic drives to view the changing colors of foliage. Additionally, Flagstaff hosts several fall events and festivals, including the Northern Arizona Book Festival and Oktoberfest.
Check out our recommended listings for autumn rentals in Flagstaff:
- Flagstaff Forest Escape: This 3-bedroom, 3-bath cozy cabin is within a short drive to popular hiking trails and downtown Flagstaff. It also has a private hot tub and outdoor fire pit, perfect for enjoying the cool fall evenings, and an indoor game room with a pool table and shuffleboard.
- Flagstaff Forest Retreat: This spacious and modern 5-bedroom, 4-bath mountain home is in the heart of Flagstaff’s woods, offering guests a peaceful and scenic retreat. However, it’s only 10 minutes north of downtown Flagstaff and Northern Arizona University, providing guests with easy access to shopping, dining, and attractions. The home also features a private hot tub, fire pit, and game room with a pool table.
Autumn Vacation In Mesa
Mesa offers a laid-back atmosphere and plenty of outdoor activities for visitors to enjoy during the fall season. With over 300 days of sunshine per year, this city is ideal for those looking to soak up some warm rays before winter hits. Popular activities in Mesa include golfing, biking, and exploring nearby national parks. The town also hosts various events during autumn, such as the Mesa International Film Festival and Schnepf Farms Pumpkin & Chili Party.
- Simplistic Excellence: Located in a quiet neighborhood, this 4-bedroom, 3-bath rental is the perfect getaway for smaller groups or families. The private backyard features a saltwater heated pool, wood fire pit, putting green, and cornhole, making it an ideal place to relax and enjoy the fall weather. It’s also only a short drive from Downtown Mesa and less than 30 minutes from Old Town Scottsdale.
- Southwest Simplicity: This southwestern-themed, 4-bedroom, 2.5-bath house is conveniently located 16 minutes away from downtown Mesa, providing easy access to dining, shopping, and attractions. It also features a private pool, hot tub, putting green, and outdoor BBQ area with enough seating for everyone to enjoy the warm fall weather.
- Backyard Dream: This 4-bedroom, 2-bath home was recently updated and offers a beautiful backyard with a three-part mini putt-putt course, full-sized bocce court, fire pit table, and more. Additionally, it’s only 22 minutes away from various dining and shopping options in Old Town Scottsdale.
Winter Season Rentals
What makes Arizona so unique is that during the winter, there are areas that boast mild weather and sunny skies, making it the perfect time to explore the great outdoors or attend events and festivals. In fact, this makes many cities in Arizona big draws for those looking to escape the winter chill in colder parts of the country. However, there are still parts of the state that experience snowfall and offer a more traditional winter experience.
Because many visitors flock to the state during this time, you’ll find no shortage of things to do and see. The following are just a few things that you can do throughout the state during the winter:
- Hiking: With pleasant temperatures, winter is an ideal time to hit the trails and explore Arizona’s beautiful landscapes. Popular hiking spots include Camelback Mountain in Phoenix, Cathedral Rock in Sedona, and the Grand Canyon.
- Golfing: Arizona is known for its world-class golf courses, and February is considered by many to be the peak time to hit the links.
- Festivals and Events: Many of Arizona’s cities and towns come alive with events and festivals during the winter. From holiday celebrations to cultural festivals, there’s always something going on. Some popular events include the Tucson Gem, Mineral & Fossil Showcase, and the Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show.
- Sports: With mild weather, Arizona is an ideal place for outdoor sports such as tennis, baseball, and soccer. Winter also marks the start of the Phoenix Open, one of the biggest golf tournaments in the country. In colder parts of the state, there are plenty of snow-related sports as well, from skiing to snow tubing.
Winter Vacation In Phoenix
Phoenix is a top destination in the winter, thanks to its warmer weather and abundant activities. The city’s urban core offers a vibrant cultural scene with museums, art galleries, and theater productions. Visitors can also explore the great outdoors at nearby parks and hiking trails. Additionally, Phoenix hosts countless popular events during the winter season, such as the Zona Music Festival, the Phoenix Festival for the Arts, and the Carefree Fine Art & Wine Festival, to name a few.
Check out our recommended listings for winter rentals in Phoenix:
- Historic House: This charming 2-bedroom, 1-bath house is excellent for couples looking for a romantic retreat. The rental sits right in the middle of the city’s historic district, and its historic charm fits right in with the neighborhood’s overall feel. The property also has a private backyard with a BBQ grill and a fire pit to enjoy.
- Red Door Trio: This 5-bedroom, 3-bath property is within 15 minutes of downtown Phoenix. It’s perfect for families or larger groups looking to explore the city and its attractions during the winter season. The rental also boasts a spa, fire pit, cornhole, and BBQ grill.
- The Hilltop Oasis: This luxurious 4-bedroom, 2-bath retreat offers stunning views of the city and surrounding mountains. Guests can enjoy a pool, spa, fire pit, yard pong, pool table, spike ball, hammock, and more while taking a break from exploring all that Phoenix has to offer in the winter.
Winter Vacation In Scottsdale
As another desert city, Scottsdale can be quite hot in the summer, which is why it’s a popular winter getaway for many. Not only does it offer great weather, but it also has a bustling downtown area with plenty of shopping, restaurants, and entertainment options. Additionally, Scottsdale is known for its golf courses (of which there are more than 200) and spas. Winter in Scottsdale also brings popular events such as the WM Phoenix Open, Fairmont Scottsdale Princess ice rink, and the Parada del Sol Parade & Trail’s End Festival.
Check out our recommended listings for winter rentals in Scottsdale:
- Sunlit Serenity: This 4-bedroom, 2-bath home is located in the desirable Kierland area of Scottsdale. Guests can relax in the serene backyard with a pool, cornhole, BBQ grill, and plenty of seating. This rental is incredibly family-friendly and even has a playset for kids. Plus, it’s just minutes away from top-rated golf courses.
- Tribal Urban Tranquility: Located in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale, this 3-bedroom, 2-bath modern urban tribal-themed home offers a unique and stylish stay. It features a BBQ grill, fire pit, and plenty of outdoor seating. Additionally, golf lovers will love that TPC Scottsdale Champion Course is only 15 minutes away.
- Dual Delight: Dual Delight is a two-home property perfect for large groups, whether for family reunions or a winter getaway with friends. The primary house has 4 bedrooms and 2 baths, while the secondary house has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. Guests can take advantage of a BBQ grill, fire pit, putting green, cornhole, and more.
Winter Vacation In Sedona
Winter brings milder temperatures to Sedona, making it an ideal time to explore this picturesque town. The cooler temperatures make it the perfect time to hike in the red rocks or take a scenic drive along Oak Creek Canyon. Guests can also enjoy numerous outdoor activities, such as mountain biking, jeep tours, and hot air balloon rides. Additionally, Sedona is known for its spiritual and wellness retreats, making it the perfect place to relax and recharge during the winter season. Popular winter events in Sedona include the Sedona International Film Festival.
Check out our recommended listings for winter rentals in Sedona:
- Mammoth Rock Retreat: It doesn’t get cozier than this upper studio, 1-bedroom, 1-bath casita nestled in the middle of the red rocks. Despite sharing the property with another unit, guests at Mammoth Rock Retreat will have their own private hot tub and BBQ grill to enjoy.
- Red Rock Retreat: Located right on the Sedona Golf Resort, this 5-bedroom, 2.5-bath property is perfect for bachelor/bachelorette parties, family vacations, and corporate retreats – especially if any guests are golf enthusiasts. The backyard contains a hot tub, fire pit, BBQ pit, and two dining areas for a large group. The inside has all the comforts of home as well as a pool table and foosball table.
Winter Vacation In Flagstaff
Flagstaff, located in northern Arizona, offers a winter wonderland for visitors. The city is surrounded by forests and mountains, making it a top destination for outdoor activities such as skiing, snowboarding, and snowshoeing. Winter also brings popular events such as the Flagstaff Snowflake Festival and the Northern Arizona University Jazz Festival.
Check out our recommended listing for a winter rental in Flagstaff:
- Whispering Pines: This 4-bedroom, 2-bath cozy cabin is located in the woods near numerous hiking trails. This makes it a perfect retreat for those looking to enjoy the winter scenery and outdoor activities. Guests can also gather around the fire pit for s’mores, cook on the grill, or play cornhole outside. There’s even a foosball table inside if it gets too cold outside.
Winter Vacation In Gilbert
Gilbert, which is a smaller town southeast of Phoenix, is known for its family-friendly activities and laid-back atmosphere. During the winter season, visitors can enjoy outdoor ice skating at the popular ice rink at the Gilbert Civic Center. The town also hosts holiday events and festivals, such as the Gilbert Days Parade and Carnival. For a unique winter experience, visitors can also take a hot air balloon ride over the town’s scenic landscapes.
Check out our recommended listing for a winter rental in Gilbert:
- The Gilbert Grand: This 7-bedroom, 6-bath luxurious property offers spacious accommodations and a resort-style backyard that boasts a heated pool with a built-in waterslide and pool basketball hoop, spa, trampoline, volleyball and soccer field, multi-use court, hammock, playset, putting green, cornhole, bocce ball, and more. The property is also within a 15-minute drive of downtown Gilbert in case guests want to explore the town’s local eateries and attractions.
Experience The Finest Amenities During Your Stay
No matter what time of the year you visit, Arizona offers endless opportunities for adventure and relaxation. In the winter season, visitors can enjoy mild weather and various activities, from hiking and golfing to attending festivals and events. In the summer, the state offers a whole different experience with its beautiful lakes and rivers, perfect for water sports. And no matter when you visit, you’ll find plenty to do in whichever city you stay in, whether visiting museums and galleries, trying out new restaurants, or simply relaxing from the comfort of your vacation rental.
Arizona has something for everyone whether you are looking for a luxurious vacation or an outdoor adventure. Book your stay with REBL Rentals and experience the finest amenities during your summer, spring, autumn, or winter vacation.
Don’t think we put enough properties in this post? Get a full list of our featured homes on this page, explore to your heart’s content, and plan the perfect vacation with us!